|type of classes||konserwatorium;|
|method of learning outcomes verification||
The evaluation criteria 3
A student mastered the material has a general idea of the theory of design. The student has knowledge of basic texts on the theory of design and is able to place them in the context of historical, cultural, social, student engaged in the learning process.
The evaluation criteria 4
Knowledge of student covers all the presented material, but may have gaps in unimportant details. The student has knowledge of basic texts on the theory of design and is able to place them in the context of historical, cultural, social student can analyze theoretical texts on design and is able to identify links between the issues presented in them. Students involved in the educational process.
The evaluation criteria of 5
Knowledge of student covers all the presented material, freely speaks analyzes and interprets theories in the field of design. The student knows the texts of the theory of design and is able to place them in the context of historical, cultural, social student can analyze theoretical texts on design and is able to identify links between the issues presented in them. The student has the ability to self-critical statements based on the theory of design students involved in the learning process.
The course aims to familiarize students with the theoretical aspect of the design through a seminar on the theory and criticism of design. During the course, students will work together to analyze and discuss the theories that accompanied the development of design, and will face the task of self-analysis and criticism of design. The theoretical part in the form of lectures intended to create the framework for practical action. Design will be shown in the context of the development of science, social and political changes in Poland and in the world. Architecture, graphic design, industrial design, art, film, television, new technologies influencing each other in not always predictable manner. During the course, students learn about these relationships and their impact on the development of design and its role and place in society and popular culture. The semminar was planned as a platform for knowledge sharing in chronological planned way: the industrialization of manufacturing in the nineteenth century, the modernist movement and the Bauhaus, through hardships and limitations wartime, post-war recovery and exploiting the potential of new materials and technologies to the latest trends in design XXI century .
|short subject description||
The course aims to familiarize students with the theoretical aspect of the design through a seminar on the theory and criticism of design. During the course, students will work together to analyze and discuss the theories that accompanied the development of design, and will face the task of trying to self-analysis and criticism of design.
|form of classes||
Analysis and interpretation of source materials, discussion
|subject area coverage||
Topics: 1. The Industrial Revolution 1800-1880 2. utopian movements and antyprzemysłowe 3. The unification of arts and crafts 1890-1912 4. Polish Applied Art 1890-1918 5. Arts / Revolution / Machine 1912-1944 6. Independent State / An independent style - Welcome to Poland 1919-1939 7. Modernism and mass Culture 1945-1960 8. We want to be modern. Polish reality project in the years 1940 - 1990 9. Progress / Protest / Pluralism 1960-2000 10. Design Here and Now / Globality vs Locality / Design in Poland and in the world around 2000.
|evaluation form||credit with grading;|
– Coles Alex (red), Design and Art, Documents of Contemporary Art, Londyn 2007
– Cichocki Sebastian, NERWOWA DRZEMKA. O poszerzaniu pola w projektowaniu
– Dębowski Przemek, Mrowczyk Jacek (red.)WIDZIEĆ/WIEDZIEĆ. Wybór najważniejszych tekstów o dizajnie, 2011
– Grabska Elżbieta, Morawska Hanna (red.), Artyści o sztuce. Od van Gogha do Picassa, Warszawa 1977
– Jencks Charles, Kropf Karl (red.), Teorie i Manifesty Architektury Współczesnej, Warszawa 2013
– Margolin Victor, "Design Discourse – history, theory, criticism", The University of Chicago Press, 1989
– Norman Donald A., "The Design of Everyday Things", Basic Books, 2002
– Papanek Viktor, Dizajn dla realnego świata, Łódź 2012
– Pawłowski Andrzej, Inicjacje, O sztuce, projektowaniu i kształceniu projektantów, Kraków 2001
– Przedpelski Andrzej, Forma i Funkcja, Warszawa 1979
– Read Herbert, Sztuka a przemysł. Zasady wzornictwa przemysłowego, Warszawa 1964
– Rosińska Monika, Przemyśleć użycie Projektanci Przedmioty Życie społeczne, Warszawa 2010
…. a także artykuły i fragmenty tekstów dostarczane przez prowadzącego podczas trwania kursu.
2. Literatura uzupełniająca:
– Design Observer http://designobserver.com/
– Victoria & Albert Museum Collections online: http://collections.vam.ac.uk /
– The Museum of Modern Art Collection online: http://www.moma.org/collection/search.php
– TED: Ideas worth spreading, http://www.ted.com/
– The New York Times, rubryka Arts & Design http://www.nytimes.com/pages/arts/design/
– 2+3D. Kwartalnik p
|placement/internships (connected with field of study/subject area), artistic plein-airs||lack of data|
|formal requirements||lack of data|
knowledge of the design history